The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Thursday 13 August 2009

Insuring The Van

Blimey. This was harder than I thought. If you own a car you go to about three different web pages, stick your name, address, occupation and the car registration into the web page and you get your quote. Simples. However with a T5 it appears it's not that simple. No web page knew of the van's registration. And when you try and tell it what T5 you have there are a bazillion different options for a T5 SWB T30 window van/kombi. Add to that the fact that it's a tiptronic gear box and it seems that half the web sites don't believe such a van exists.

In the end a call to Direct Line managed to get things sorted, including all the exterior bodywork modifications for what seems like a very good price. I hope they don't put their prices up too much next year as I deffo just want to renew my policy and not go through that hell again.

Whilst I was at it I picked up gold standard breakdown cover from IC Breakdown - recommended off www.moneysupermarket.com. That covers me for just about everything you could hope, home and abroad for the tiny figure of £68 a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment