The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Monday 12 September 2011

Insurance

It's been a while.   The main reason I've not been writing anything is that I've not made any mods to the van since our epic tour last year.  And although we're still using the van for camping on a regular basis (and surfing, mountain biking and even trips to the tip where necessary), nothing has really compared to the Euro tour so I've not really been posting about them either.  Which is a shame.   Last night I went back and read some of my camping trip reports and it was cool to look back at some of the places we'd been.  We're off again this weekend so I might take up the keyboard once more.

Anyway, that's not the point of this post.  This is about insurance - and if any of you out there have custom conversions like mine you'll probably have also found that finding insurance isn't easy.   I've been with Direct Line for the last 2 years but this year their quote was ridiculous so I have had a good look around.  And I've come up trumps.

Adrian Flux have started doing a policy for campervans which are still in the process of being converted  - as mine is.  There's no time limit on how long before you get the conversion finished.  And the cost of the insurance policy was more than £300 less than Direct Line!!   I bit their hand off.

No comments:

Post a Comment