The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Saturday 30 January 2010

Reimo Roof Ordered

Just back from CMC in Kent. Really impressive outfit there. Loads of vans on demo and the chance to wander their workshops where they are fitting stuff. I was very impressed with the quality of the roof and of the beds so have placed an order. Getting mine fitted end of March.

I decided to get them to carpet the whole van whilst they were there. They carpet the area immediately around the roof anyway, and I figured if they continued on to the rest of the van it would look better than if I later tried to bring carpet up to their carpet line and match them up.

I am also going to get some lights added into the roof frame to replace the existing lighting. Might as well get CMC to supply and fit them when they do the roof to save time and effort, and get them to wire them into the leisure battery before the carpeting is done.

We should get the van back just before Easter so we're planning on a trip away for a long weekend then! Can't wait!

So, that gives me two months to build my battery box, wire in the leisure battery with the split relay charge, and I think, also complete phase three of the leisure battery plan, and fit a mains hook up. If I can get all that done before the van goes in for the roof then they can carpet over the top of all the stuff we have built and all the wiring nice and neatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment