The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Double Drive Shaft Failure

So, the van is in the shop to get the driver's side drive shaft fixed after the breakdown on Sunday.  They've managed to replace it, which is good, but whilst checking it over they realised the passenger side shaft is also screwed.   No details from the garage yet as to what has happened to the two but it's a tad annoying that they have both failed within 21,000 miles of use.

Still, on the plus side, that's two new drive shafts both within warranty and basically for free.  And fair play to SMG Cowfold for fixing one and noticing that the other was broken.  Also VW Assist were really great - they came and picked the van up from my road and gave me a hire van for the time the van was being fixed. Again, all for free and just because the van is still in warranty.

Hopefully I get it back tomorrow.

I also took delivery of my new "scrivets" today - so tomorrow, if the van does come back I'm aiming to try and fit my new plywood replacement panels in the back.  Should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment