The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Plywood Rear Panels In

I picked the van up from the garage today with two new drive shafts, and as soon as I got it home I got the rear plywood panels in.   We'd cut them at the weekend from 6mm ply but had found the default plastic rivets weren't strong enough to hold them in place.  So I ordered 40 scrivets, which are blinking excellent.   



I popped the old hardboard panels off using the usual rivet removing tool and simply screwed the new panels on using a electric screw driver.  You can hammer the scrivets in and screw them out but it was even easier to just screw them in.


Then it was time to slot the rear cabinet frame into place and see how it sat.   The frame is only really half built but at least this gives me an idea of what it will look like when completed.


So now all that's left to do is work out how to attach the frame to the plywood panels, finish off the frame, board it up with plywood, add latches, hinges and such, cut out the holes for the 12v sockets and then finish with wood veneer.  Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment