The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Leisure Battery - Phase One Complete

I've just got the parts for Phase One of my Leisure Battery installation.

I picked up a 113AH Platinum Leisure Plus battery from Alpha Batteries.


To connect to the top terminals I bought some of these quick release terminals which are very secure once fitted, safe and will allow multiple sockets to the attached to them. Then to enable my 12v appliances to be plugged I bought these water proof 12v double sockets. They have an inline fuse built in and simply attach to the battery via the terminals. All that gives me a standalone leisure battery which I can plug two appliances into safely.




In order to make sure the battery can be recharged I bought this ring smart charger which enables me to charge the leisure battery by connecting it up to the battery with jumper leads (and with something more permanent later) and then simply plugging it into the mains.



At the moment I'll recharge the battery at home and take it away when needed to power some camping utilities. Although as it stands I don't have that many to charge! So I need to think about picking up a 12v to 240v inverter soon enough so my wife can run her hair dryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment