The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Monday 5 April 2010

Carpeting

As well as fitting the Reimo Roof, CMC also carpeted throughout the van.  The always carpet the shelf of the roof when putting it in so I figured rather than try and match the colours and match the fit it would be best to simply pay them to carry on the carpeting right to the floor.  I chose charcoal grey carpet which whilst dark I think compliments the look of the black van really well.



CMC take the approach of not carpetting every single inch of the metal work.  I wasn't entirely sure how that would look when it was finished but actually I'm really pleased with the resulting look. 



They did a top job of it as well, carpeting both wheel arches, one of which was behind the cabinet I'd built in the back, and of course carpeting around the new roof supports.    I'm really pleased with the end result.



Adding it to the job of insulating the van that I had already completed last year and there is a definite reduction in both road noise and an improvement in the warmth of the van.  Again, I'm really pleased with the job CMC have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment