The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 April 2010

More Thermal Screens

After camping this weekend with thermal screens for the cab it was clear just how handy these things are.   They're not cheap but they are easy to fit using suction cups, they completely cut out the light and they are great insulators too.

I called Just Kampers, who we bought the original cab screens from but they don't do a set for the back of a T5 so I had to look around.  The cheapest other option I could find was these from South West Campers so I've ordered a pair of side windows and a set of barn door windows for a total of £105.   They are due to turn up tomorrow and we'll make use of them when we take the van to Dorset camping in a fortnight's time.

Oh, I also ordered a 12v kettle whilst I was at it.   I'm thinking that can sit in the van at all times, along with a little box of tea, coffee, sugar and coffee mate packets and a spoon. I need to keep a small flask of water in the back too.  That way I always stop and make a cuppa - even if the 12v kettle takes 20 minutes to boil!

No comments:

Post a Comment