The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Friday 26 March 2010

Reimo Roof and other bits

I'm excited.

Tomorrow morning first thing I'm driving the van down to CMC in Hythe, Kent where it will be undergoing it's major transformation into part-camper.  In one week I am hoping to get a new Reimo elevating roof with built in bed fitted; recarpeted throughout, new LED lights in the back of the van, wired into the leisure battery; a split relay charge fitted to charge the leisure battery whilst driving; and a mains hook up.   The electrics will all be wired into the cabinet I've been building in the back.

When I booked it in I paid a deposit on the roof and carpeting. I then emailed CMC later on and followed up with a phone call with requests for the mains hook up and split replay charge work.   They are very busy at the moment with a large number of conversions so they said they would try and fit the electrical work into the 4 days they have the van, but can't guarantee it.    Fair enough, but I'm really hopeful it will all go in.

I've even written up a little blog entry explaining how I want it all wired in which I'm printing out and taking with me for them to refer to! 

I guess if they can't get it all done next week then the van will have to go back in to get the electrical bits done at a later date - or I'll look at somewhere else nearer to home to do this work.   I'm definitely keen to get a single installer to do all the electrical work in one hit so that if there are any problems I can take it back to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment