The California Beach

The California Beach

Search This Blog

Saturday 26 November 2011

Southern Europe - Day 21

Costa del Sol.

We drove from Estepona to Almeria today all along the Costa del Sol. The place is beautiful where unspoilt and generally pretty smart where the resorts are. We took a stroll around Peurte Banus and loved the marina with its expensive yachts. I guess they do touring like us, just a lot more upmarket and with more champagne. Banus is where I went on my stag weekend and it was good to return and show Mrs Blakey the sights. Well some of them anyway! She agreed it was nicer than Birmingham where she'd had her get away.

We also dropped into Torrequebrada where our neighbours own a place. Very nice resort indeed and we did lunch on the sea front there watching a small left hand point break going off in front of us. Too small to ride even if I had my board.

We liked the Costa del Sol and can see why people come here on holiday.

Cali comment: I sometimes wish the Cali had nicer looking wooden cupboards and curtains. I see some internal finishes on similar priced campers and think they look much cosier. But the Cali is extremely practical. Curtains get dirty and need cleaning and take up lots of space in the van. Whereas the built in Cali blinds simply work really well.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment